Cours de teinture
Cours de teinture par Lois Morrisles 2, 9 et 16 mai 2016 à Centennial Hall
** Cours donné en anglais seulement **
Dye & Basic Color Course by Lois Morris
This is a 3 day course of 3 hours per day in which the student will learn the basic color wheel and how it works and how to Dip dye, Spot dye, Onion Skin, Over dyeing, Paintbrush dyeing, and Swatch dyeing.
Place: Centennial Hall, Beaconsfield
Dates: Mondays: May 2nd, May 9th, and May 16th, 2016
Time: 10.00am - 1pm
Price: $160.00 MEMBERS; $195 NON-MEMBERS
Registration: by Monday: April 11, 2016
For Registration & Information contact Lois Morris (1- 450-834-6912) or email@example.com
Students will participate in class. You will each take home samples of what we do, and detailed
Notes of what we do.
- Day 1: We will cover 3 ways to use onion skins, dip dye, spot dye, paintbrush dye, color removal
- Day 2: We will dye an 8 value swatch on natural wool, (3” x 6”) pieces.
- Day 3: We will dye an 8 value transitional swatch.
Equipment you will need at home for dyeing:
- A set of spice spoons ( available at Ares Kit. Stores) These cost approx. $10.00 ( Traditional hooking dye spoons are approx. 3/$60)
- A set of every day stainless measuring spoons
- A 2 Cup measuring cup
- 1 -1 quart mason jars (or other large jars with tops)
- A large enamel or Teflon pot. (Walmart in the US sells an electric Teflon pot called Presto Kitchen Kettle for approx. $30.00.) Like the ones used in class.